Monday, November 1, 2010

Why I'm not going to see Saw 3-D in theaters

For the seventh, and supposedly last year, the Saw franchise hit theaters on Friday. As of today, it is at the top of the weekend box office, edging out rival franchise, Paranormal Activity 2. Now, you have to understand, I'm not someone who hates the Saw franchise. In actuality, I actually enjoy the gory escapades of Jigsaw, Jigsaw's comrades, and other people that end up disembowled. But, I absolutely refuse to go see Saw 3-D in theaters. There are several reasons why I refuse to do so:

1. The franchise should have ended a few movies ago.
Does anyone disagree with that? The first 3 movies were decent, possibly even good. But, once Jigsaw was killed off, the franchise has quickly spiraled downhill. Many people say that Saw VI revived that franchise, and that it's storyline was far more engaging than any other installment. I disagreed with that, since I didn't particulary enjoy it that much. But, I think most of us would have been reasonably happy if the franchise had ended at Saw III.

2. Tobin Bell isn't in a leading role
Tobin Bell, portraying Jigsaw, really made the series. He portrayed the character so well, even invoking sympathy at some points in the franchise. But, if what many other people are saying is in fact true, he is barely in this movie. That disappoints me greatly, even if I do understand that his character died 4 movies ago.

3. The 3-D
Why does everything have to be in 3-D nowadays? Am I really the only one tired of this gimmick? And did this franchise really need to be in 3-D? I personally don't need to see my mutilations in 3-D. Please, just resort back to the regular format...please...

4. This picture.
Go to fullsize image

It features Tobin Bell, for God's Sake! And he's barely in the freaking movie! Plus, the stupid poster doesn't really make any sense! What's it supposed to portray, exactly? That little people are rebuilding a giant robot Jigsaw? ....I'm so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment