Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Sunday 11: Favorite Harry Potter Creatures

Yeah, I know. It's Tuesday. But, my internet was down this weekend, so I'm bringing you all this late edition of the Sunday 11.

11. House Elf
Yeah, Dobby probably comes to mind. But, I think house elves in general are interesting. They portray a sad reality of an otherwise magical world. Plus, they're rather adorable.

10. Centaurs
J.K. didn't come up with centaurs, but she portrayed them in a way that seemed to be unique. Very territorial and judgemental, they have quite a temper. But some, like Firenze, are shown to have a heart of gold.

9. Goblins
Am I the only one who is freaked out by these things? They're rather ugly little beasts....and greedy, too.

8. Werewolves
Again, not an original idea, but portrayed differently than most. Some werewolves are sweet, loveable creatures( in human form), such as Lupin. Others, like Greyback, are bloodthirsty demonic douchebags who crave flesh. Lovely.

7. Dragons
Hungarian Horntail, Chinese Fireball, and many others. They breathe fire, they fly, and are very protective of their eggs. I kind of wish I had a Norberta of my own. They seem rather cuddly.

6. Boggart
Damn little things. With no known shape, they can take the shape of anything that the viewer fears, whether it would be spiders or Snape. I wouldn't want to meet one of these little suckers.

5. Fairies/Pixies
These aren't the happy little Tinkerbell fairies. These are the mischevious weird fairies that can be sweet, but are usually....not so sweet.

4. Pygmy Puff
Go to fullsize image
Look at it's wittle face!

3. Dementors
These things scare the shit out of me. Like...have you seen one of them without the robe on?!

2. Hippogriff
Half griffin. Half horse. All attitude.

1. Threstral
I love them....

No comments:

Post a Comment