Sunday, November 14, 2010

Important (to me at least)

Instead of the customary Sunday 11, today I'm going to dedicate the post to a man that I had the privelege to know.
Ronnie Blatt was a guy that everyone knew. He had contacts in pretty much every place he went, including radio jockeys, ticket holders, politicians, and a very special contact in concert promotions. Because of this amazing man, my family and I were able to go to various concerts and shows for free. He became part of our family, as we were his, since his wife passed away. He spent holidays, birthdays, and other special events with us. We were his family.
On Friday ,November 12, my mother recieved a call from the local hospital. They were unable to find his next of kin, and since he always carried our names and phone numbers in his wallet, we were the first they called. Since we were not genetically related, the hospital would not tell us anything other than he had been admitted into Emergency.
After the finally reached his family, and they went over there, we were given the news. His closest relative called, and said that he had suffered a heart attack when he had gotten home from work that day. The EMT's worked on him for over 40 minutes, but were unable to revive him.
He was only in his early 60's, and had a lot of life left to live.
His passing was sudden and unexpected. His life had affected so many people, especially my family and I. If only we had gotten the chance to tell him how much he had meant to all of us.
Rest in Peace, Butch.

No comments:

Post a Comment