Monday, October 25, 2010

Session 9- An Actual Scary Movie

Go to fullsize image

"I live in the weak and wounded, doc."

So, I saw Session 9. I had been wanting to see this movie for a while, after hearing about it on several blogs. I am honestly really glad I decided to watch this instead of my second choice, Friday the 13th (remake). Session 9 is scary. Like...actually scary.
For those that dont know, Session 9 is about a small asbestos removal company that is given the task of removing asbestos from the abandoned Danvers State Hospital. While there, one of the crew members discovers a collection of taped sessions with Mary Hobbes, a former patient. Mary had several different personalities, all differing in personality, gender, etc. The most hostile of these personalities is Simon, an entity that is feared by the other personalities.
Eventually, crew members "disappear" or get murdered by an unseen assailant. Throughout this, we are allowed to hear sections of the taped sessions. In the sessions, Mary, and two of her personalities, Princess and Billy, speak. Simon, however, does not, until the last session. Session 9.
When I watched this movie, I had already heard what the basic plot and such were. But, honestly, I still came out of it with my mind blown. It was the first movie in a while that actually managed to creep me out.
Well done.
Scooby Snacks Awarded: 7.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment